Speaking & Groups
Are you looking for a speaker for your organization or group? I speak on building and keeping healthy lifelong relationships to groups throughout San Diego. I also facilitate workshops for couples and families.
The biggest obstacle to having the relationship that people desire is the mistaken belief that people should know how to make relationships work. It’s assumed that if you’re an adult, you should be able to figure things out.
Like any skill, the communication skills of speaking and listening are learned. Learning, knowing and practicing effective communication skills of Active Listening and “I Message” is essential in working through conflict.
The most effective learning occurs experientially. Engaging participants in the learning process is my personal goal for every speaking engagement. Group facilitation and speaking engagements include:
Two-Day Couples Intensive Weekend Workshop – Hold Me Tight group based on the book “Hold Me Tight” Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love by Sue Johnson.
Titles of my speaking topics include:
- Balancing Relationships and Responsibilities
- Love is a Many Splendor Thing
- Keys for a Lasting Marriage
- Restoring Loving Bonds When Conflict Exists
- Healing After Betrayal
- Making Relationships Work
- What Else Can I Do Besides Put Up or Shut Up?
The groups and organizations I’ve worked with in helping people work through conflict include:
- Kids Turn San Diego
- Parent Teacher Organizations
- Professional Women’s Marketing Groups
- Young Married and Couples Bible Study Groups
- Mothers of Preschoolers
- Women’s Recovery Center